With immediate effect the accompanying programme of the IFRA and DCX is online where it will be continually updated. In the next weeks numerous leaders in the publishing industry and content (marketing) community will be added as speakers. We wish to take this opportunity today to give you a foretaste of this year's highlights.
Michael Golden, President of the World Association of Newspapers and News Publishers WAN-IFRA (USA), Lisa MacLeod, Head of Digital at Tiso Blackstar (South Africa), D. D. Purkayastha, CEO ABP (India) and Anu Ahola, Board Member of the WAN-IFRA World Printers Forum (Finland and Germany), are among this year's keynote speakers.
The exhibition will be officially opened on Tuesday, 9 October, by WAN-IFRA President Michael Golden (former Vice Chairman of The New York Times Company). In his presentation he will attune the publishers, who will travel from more than 40 countries to attend the exhibition, to the current challenges and opportunities in the industry. Accurate, professional journalism is just one side of the medal here. In his opinion, it is equally important to make good journalism recognisable as such for the readers. He calls for a sharing of practical experiences with a view to developing new forms of storytelling (link to the welcoming address) – there is no more suitable motto for three tightly-packed exhibition days.
The new WAN-IFRA Vice President will come to the exhibition from South Africa: Lisa MacLeod, Head of Digital bei Tiso Blackstar, Africa's largest English-language publishing house and owner of 8 newspapers, 15 websites, music, film and radio companies.This digital pioneer will give fascinating insights into current transformation processes in the industry.
D. D. Purkayastha, Managing Director and CEO of ABP, will provide an overview of the rapidly changing Indian news industry – from the mobile revolution to new reading behaviour, up to the spread of social media.
Nor is the print business neglected in the line-up: With Anu Ahola, Board Member of the WAN-IFRA World Printers Forum, there will be a representative of the paper industry on the stage who will show which strategic developments it is pursuing in its area of expertise, especially in Europe and North America.
In addition, both the IFRA and DCX Conferences offer various sessions and high-calibre podium groups. These will include:
- Erin Grau, VP, Organisational Development at Start-up Away (DCX-Session Women in Tech)
- James Hewes, CEO, FIPP World Association of Magazine Publishers, and Nikolay Malyarovr, CEO, Pressreader (DCX-Session Magazine Publishing)
- Juan Señor, President, Innovation Media (DCX Session Innovations in Newspapers and Magazines)
- Jesper Laursen, CEO, Native Advertising Institute in Copenhagen (DCX Session Native Advertising)
- Professor Neil Thurman of LMU München (IFRA Session Print Engages Readers on the new WAN-IFRA Report “Time Spent reading News Brands”)
- Martyn Eustace, MD, Two Sides, UK (IFRA Session Sustainability of Print on the new WAN-IFRA Report “The Sustainability of Newspapers”)
- Thomas Isaksen, MD dof the Danish newsprint procurement association (IFRA Session News About Newsprint on the new WAN-IFRA Report “Implications of changing to lower grammage newsprint”)
Click here to view the current programme that we will continue to update in the next weeks.